Nuffnang

Google Search

Google
 

Monday, October 25, 2010

An 'oinky' birthday celebration with a bunch of good friends

Notice: This post is a non-halal post

I only get to return to my home-sweet-home (KL) every fortnightly. So, my bunch of uni good friends celebrated my birthday on the weekend I came back to KL. They brought me to El Cerdo for some juicy German roasted suckling pig.


El Cerdo is located at Changkat Bukit Bintang, which is a very happening hang-out place in KL. However, parking is an issue here. =( After a few rounds of circling around the area, A decided to leave his car with the car jockey. This had saved us the hassle of walking far too!

We entered the restaurant and found piggy's pictures and figurines were placed every where! Even their menu has a picture of 2 cute piggies too!!

The menu was hiding behind our Hoegaarden

And many other piggies were kept in the rack behind our table... Oink oink oink...

When the sweet couple - KH and AL arrived, we started to order our dinner. A helped in making the orders as that was already his third time having dinner in this restaurant. He ordered a Spanish ham platter as the appetizer. Followed with a "One plate of 4 different mini sausages" - 1. Farmer; 2. Thuringer; 3. German Pepper; and 4. Spicy Lyonner Saussage. The sausages were so good!! So as the soup, salad and pork ribs! Yummers!! =)

Our final dish was a roasted suckling pig! Aww... Half of the piggy came to our table on a wooden chopping board. We were wondering how to eat it. *(>_<)*

Highlights of the night - The roasted sucking pig

Then, a waiter approached us and asked for a volunteer to chop the piggy into pieces. I had the honor to be the butcher of the night. Hahah!! Guess what? I had to chop it with a plate!! Well, the waiter gave me a lesson on how to chop the piggy.

"Hold the plate like this..." and bla bla bla...

I was ready to chop it!! (The waiter was standing next to me to make sure that I was chopping with the correct way)

According to Mr Waiter, that was one of the traditions from German whereby 1 person had to chop the pig with a plate. Then, put all the bad things/ luck onto the plate before breaking the plate. In return, this person will be granted a wish.

I 'gathered' all my friends' bad stuffs onto the plate and tried to break the plate

However, the plate wasn't break at my first try!! OMG... Maybe I didn't put enough bad stuffs onto the plate. Or, I was just too gentle to the plate. Hahaha! Mr Waiter granted me a second chance to break the plate. This round, I put more strengths in throwing the plate into the wooden basket!

Voila!! The plate was finally broke

Mr Waiter took the roasted pig back into the kitchen and got the professionals to chop the piggy into pieces. Btw, my bf commented that Mr Waiter is quite good looking a.k.a handsome. LOL!

After we had finished eaten the piggy, a group of waiters/ waitresses came out with desserts and a creative birthday song!! "Happy birthday to you, Oink Oink... Happy birthday to you, oink Oink oiNk!!!"... The song was just so cute and oinky!!

I even got a little piggy from the restaurant as birthday pressie!

Mr Waiter informed that this little piggy will bring me luck for only 1 year. So, I got to come back next year to 'renew the contract'. LOL! That was a really good marketing gimmick!!

Special thanks to A, JC, YM, KH and AL for making my birthday so memorable =)

Overall, the food and ambiance of the restaurant were great. *Thumbs up* However, I enjoyed most with the presence of my bunch of good friends who shared laughter and joys with me.

*Cheers*

No comments: